Version control in Orcanos enables you to track the files over time. It helps you to manage the document review process by creating and maintaining multiple versions of a document. You can also revert the file back to the previous version without any new changes that have been made to the document. This is particularly helpful during the review process.
When the work item is imported to the workspace, by default the version A1 is created in the Revisions tab.
HOW TO ADD REVISION
- Select Document Control Icon from Main Menu
- Add the new DMS Item
- To add new revision, simply click on the Add button at the bottom right, or Drag and Drop the file in the Revisions section.
- By default, the Routing State of the Revision A.1 is displayed as “Draft”.
- Start Routing, the Routing State of the Revision A.1 is updated as “In Work“.
The users cannot upload a new revision when the Routing State of the latest Revision in the DMS Item is “In Work” or “Obsolete”
- Sign and Cancel, Routing State of the Revision A.1 is updated as “Cancel“.
- Again Start the Routing, Sign and Reject. The Routing State of the Revision A.1 is updated as “Reject“.
- Now Add the New Revision. The Routing State of Revision A.2 is displayed as “Draft“.
- Again Start the Routing, Sign and Approve. The Routing State of the Revision A.2 is updated as “Approved“.
- Once Approved, user can add new Revision and now the Revision is updated as B.1
The Routing Process can be applied only to the most recent revision and change number.
Revision table contains the following fields in grid view:
- Actions: Displays the Icons as
- Download PDF: Allows User to View PDF in a new tab or Download PDF. The is available for Approved Docx, XLSx, PDF, PPTx file format
- Download: Download the Original File
- Delete: Delete the Revision, The option is available for Latest Revision in Draft Routing State
- Download for Edit: Download the Original File and Allows to add the same file after updation
- Description for Edit: Allows to Edit the Description for Added Revision. The option is available for Latest Revision
- Sign Document: Allows to Sign the Revision.It is available once user Start Routing
- Cover Letter Icon: Include the Revision, Signer and Change Revision History Details.
- Name: Displays the name of the Revision file added by the user
- Description: Displays the description which is added at the time of the file upload
- Created Date: Displays the date on which Revision file is added
- Type: Displays the DMS Item Code
- Revision: Displays the Revision number in A, B, C… format.
- Change#: Displays the change revision numbers as 1, 2, 3…
- Routing State: Displays the Routing state like Draft, In Work, Reject, Cancel, Approved, Obsolete
- Document#: Displays the DMS Item ID
- Approved Date: Displays the date on which Routing Process is completed and Approved
- Protected: Displays YES if file is protected (Read Only, Password Protected)
- ECO Number: Displays the ECO Number in case DMS Item is added under ECO
- Related ECO Routing State: Displays the Related ECO item’s Routing state
- ECO Release Date: Displays the Related ECO item approval date
EDIT REVISION DESCRIPTION
User can now modify the Revision description after adding it and before signing it.
- Add DMS item with Revision A. Routing state will be Draft.
- Add more Revisions B…D
- Click on Edit icon to modify the Revision description. User can modify the description for the latest Revision (here Revision D)
- Start Routing and then Cancel it. Users can still modify the description for the latest revision.
- Start Routing and then Reject it. Users cannot modify the description for the latest revision.
- Start Routing and then Approve it. Users cannot modify the Revision description for the latest revision.
Once the user reaches Revision Z, the new revision added gets displayed as AA, AB,… AZ, BA,…. and so on