Import an entire word document into Orcanos ALM repository, in a hierarchic way, so the structure in Orcanos will be like the document table of content
To import a Word document, the document shall be hierarchically structured with headings, which will be the base for the hierarchy
No track changes, no comments
Requirements shall have name and description, where the name is HEADING [1..9], the description is free text.
Sometimes Specs contain just a name. The requirement name cannot exceed 255 chars. In case it is – it is recommended to break it to Name and description.
For example, let’s assume this is a requirement:
1. this is a very long requirement name that is an example of how to break this requirement from one long line that represents a name to requirements that is combined from a short name and the description
It needs to be broken as follows:
1. Breaking Requirement name
This is a very long requirement name that is an example of how to break this requirement from one long line that represents a name to requirements that is combined from a short name and the description
HOW TO IMPORT DOCUMENT
- Open Product Tree from Main Menu for the relevant Project.
- Right-click on the Item under which you wish to add the document
Note: Make sure that a work item of type “Document” (code is DOC) can be added under the selected parent (in admin->hierarchy settings)
Make sure you have the permissions to add Document work item
- A Document Import popup displays on the screen with the following fields:
- Choose File: Select a file of type *.Docx.
- Import/Cancel: Click Import to import the document
TEST_CASE is the custom code added as a suffix of the heading of the Imported document
So, 1.1 and 1.3 are added as Test case and 1.2 is added as Paragraph (Default)
The entire document will be added hierarchically based on the defined HEADING style in your document
All marked heading will be converted to selected Work Item type and the rest will be imported as Paragraph.
SOME NOTES AND CONSTRAINTS
|Duplicate Item Name||In the case under the same parent, an item created with the same name the system will abort the import process.||
|No proper headings||The document does not contain headings and gets the error “Please add heading tags to the document and try again. And if the document has heading tags then set Encoding to the Unicode in Web options.” while importing the document.||
|Track Changes||Imported document cant be in tracking mode, nor have changes which are still not accepted/rejected||Accept all changes before import|
|No Document Title||Unable to import the document||Make sure your document has Title|