To manage filters, select Work Items in the main menu, and select the relevant work item
Click Add / Edit filter. The following screen is displayed:
Set some general settings for the filter:
- Select the Current Project or All (filter is visible in all projects) from dropdown list.
- Enter a unique name for the filter in the Filter Name field.
- Filter for – select specific work item or all work items (such as “All items updated today”)
Note: When filter is saved for all work items – status and category are saving description and not code so it can be applied to all items. So if description of these fields changes – it might affect filter results
Fields – Column Visibility
To select the view columns, click the fields in the list of the Available Options column. If you want to remove a field, click the field on the Selected Options column.
Who can see this view
Select the visibility sharing of the filter by selecting the required option from the Who can see this view option.
- Public – anyone can see
- Private – Only me
- Share with groups – only selected groups are allowed to see
Specify the required filter criteria by selecting the required Field, Operand and Field value from the Specify Criteria section. You can add more than one criteria. You can use AND/OR for each criteria you add.
You can edit the filter criteria pattern manually after creation in the Criteria Pattern section. For example
((1 AND 2) Or (3 AND 4)) can become ((1 AND (2 Or 3)) AND 4)
Specify the order of the data by selecting the required order (ascending / descending) and Field from the Order by section.
User Define Criteria
Add user-defined criteria if you wish to form a filter using rules that are not supported by the Filter Builder (requires Orcanos team).
You can filter by traceability rules, for example, get all software requirements that don’t have traceability to test cases.
You can filter by traceability direction (upstream/downstream), condition (has/doesn’t have traceability), by link type, and by related item type.
Filter By Item
Filter by item allows the user to select specific nodes on the product tree and filter by these nodes. The system will get all child items from the selected nodes.
- Make sure to select Filter By Item column in fields selector section
- Make sure you have selected a Project (Selection of All projects will not release the Filter by Item button)
Traced Item Data
If traced items info is selected, you can setup how to show the traced items info (related items, appears in traceability tab) in the grid.
- Include traced items info – this checkbox indicates that traced items info should be included
- Display: Show key only – will show item key in the traced items column. Show name (key) will show item key and item name
- Format: Use hyperlink – will show the traced item as hyperlink. Use wrapping – will wrap data in cell
Next, you can select which traced work item types to include
Click Save. This creates the view.