This tutorial will help you manage the followings:
- Service Calls
- Customize Service Call Form
- Access control
- Traceability from a service call to R&D/ QA
- Dashboards and Reports
SERVICE CENTER ADMIN SETUP
- Select the Admin > Data Sharing And Settings >Applications
- Check the checkbox for Service Center option
Make sure that the Complaint/ Service call work item is enabled. Open Admin->Customizations->Work items
- Make sure that you can trace items to the service call, for example Defect->Service call, CAPA-> Service call
- Select Admin->Customization->Traceability Setup.
- Make sure the Service call is the “Target” in the traceability setup. You can setup the default link type. If link type doesn’t exist you can create new link type
OPEN SERVICE CENTER
Once the user has permission for Access of Service Center Application, the user will see the Service Center Icon under the Main Menu .
SERVICE CENTER CUSTOMERS NAVIGATION PANEL
It shows List of customers(Active and Non-Active) on the Left Side of the Screen
- Press New Customer Button to add new Customer
- Manage Customer window is opened with the list of Fields. Only Customer Name is mandatory and other Fields are optional
- Customer Name – The Name of the customer is alphanumeric Field
- General Details – The Details of the Customer is HTML Field
- Zip Code
- Country – Country Field is the selection list
- Activation Status – checkbox checked by default
In Order to Update the Customer Details, Click on Edit Icon
The service center users also called “External Users” are YOUR CUSTOMERS, and these users can only access the Service Center Project.
In order to add the users, under the specified customer use the Self Registration link, or Select Admin > Users & Groups > Service Center Users.
After Successful Registration, user can now report the service call. Check here to learn how to add Ticket
All the Service Calls (Tickets) for the specified Customer, can be seen under the Service Call Tab, based on the active filter
Under the Service Call tab, user can filter the results by creating the Views and also add New Service Call Directly by clicking on the Add Icon
ADD NEW SERVICE CENTER AGENTS
When a user which is not an external user, is added in the Admin, he can be a service Center agent
Simply connect the user to the Service Center project
The Filters that are created under the Service Center Project from the Work Item Main Screen would also be listed under the Service Call tab of the Customer.
Note: Under the Customer’s Service Call Tab, only the specific customer tickets would be listed as per the filter selected
TRACE SERVICE CALL TO DEFECT/RISK, ETC.
The main advantage of using a single system for customer service calls and R&D/ QA is the ability to trace Service calls to complaints or bugs
In order to connect a service call to a defect, follow these steps:
- Open service call in View mode
- Open “Traceability” tab
- Click the red plus button in the bottom right to add a new link
- Traceability screen opens, Select the project, “Defect” work item and the Filter
- Select the defect you wish to connect (make sure the Service call is the “Target” in the created traceability)
The Various forms in which data can be represented are
- Report Level – Chart
- Report Level – Grid
- Report Level – Traceability Matrix – you can view full traceability from a service call to other work items, up to 3 levels
- Report Level – Google Maps – allows you to view service calls on the google map, based on the customer location