QPack users can create new Email Templates using the Admin tools. Different email templates can be created by the user and sent for specific events.
Creating a Template
1. Go to Admin > Alerts, Notifications and Task automation > Email Templates. The following page is displayed.
2. Click Add. The following page is displayed.
3. Select the required workitem for which the template is available from the Work item dropdown list (default is all).
4. Enter the name of the template in the Template Name field.
5. Select the folder to store the template from the Store Under dropdown list.
Note: you can click the icon to create a folder.
6. Enter the email address from where the email is sent in the From Email field.
7. Enter the subject for the template in the Subject field. you can include Merge Fields in the email subject.
8. Enter the email address of the person who would like to receive a copy in the CC field.
9. Select the Show Discussion checkbox to include the chat. On selecting the checkbox, the email will include the discussion about the specific workitem.
10. Select the Show History checkbox to show the last history of changes.
11. Selecting the Show URL checkbox enables you to open the work item directly from the email.
10. Enter the content of the email to be sent in the email body. You can also embed fields in the email.
To embed the field, select the required field from the Select Field dropdown. This displays a value in the Copy/merge field value field. Click the Copy/merge field to included the value in the email body. When the email is sent, this is replaced by the assigned value.
11. Click Save to create the email template.
Modifying the Email Template
1. From the Email Template list page, click the icon corresponding to the email template to be modified.
2. Modify the required details and click Save.
Deleting the Email Template
1. From the Email Template list page, click the icon corresponding to the email template to be removed.
Cloning a Template
This option enables you to duplicate the current template.
1. Click the icon corresponding to the template to be duplicated. The following page is displayed.
2. Enter a new name for the template in the Template Name field.
3. Modify the details if required and click Save.