Add/Edit Defect Permission will allow the users to Add and update the Defect details by enabling Add and Edit icon in the Defect work item/tab on Product Tree and Work items page. It is only for Defect Work Item.
HOW TO ENABLE/DISABLE ADD/EDIT DEFECT PERMISSION:
To enable or disable Add/Edit Defect Permission, user need to follow simple steps
- Select the Groups from Users & Groups in Admin (Make sure user select the group related to a required project and a user)
- Click on the View icon against the Group you want to update the permission
- Select the Work Item Permissions tab
- Select ‘Defect’ work item from the selection list.
- For Add Defect Permission
- Select the checkbox for ‘Add Defect‘ option. It will show Add (+) icon
- To remove the permission, uncheck the checkbox for ‘Add Defect‘ option.
- For Edit Defect Permission
- Select the checkbox for ‘Edit Defect‘ option. It will show Edit (Pencil) icon
- To remove the permission, uncheck the checkbox for ‘Edit Defect‘ option.
Note: User needs to refresh from setting or re-login to apply the changes.