In some cases, you may wish to display the traced information of its Parent Node in one of its child Item Node
DOC (DOC-xxxx) is traced with say 3 DMS Items and 1 DOC Item
There are Paragraphs/Headings inside the DOC as the child nodes. In one of the child node, I wish to embed filter that lists the traced data of DOC-xxxx
- Select the Project
- Select the Filter For – All Items
- User defined Criteria: V.RelationInd = ‘Y’ AND ((select count(*) from OBJECT_RELATIONS where ( (Obj_Source =(select obj_key from objects where id=(select root_document from OBJECTS where id=[$ME])) AND obj_target=v.obj_key) OR (obj_target=(select obj_key from objects where id=(select root_document from OBJECTS where id=[$ME])) AND Obj_Source =v.obj_key)))>0)
Embed this Filter in the Child Node.
In order to list the 3 DMS Items and 1 DOC Item, we need to make the change in the Embed Filter.
- Edit the Item Description
- Click on Source icon from the Description Toolbar
- Search for the Embed filter using the Embed filter name (here Embed Filter name is DOC to DOC)
- Add the Work Item codes in the obj-type separated by comma (Do not give space when adding multiple work items)
<p><a name=”FILTER_168″ obj-type=”DOC,DMS” version_id=”16″>DOC to DOC</a></p>
Linked DEFECT Items are not listed even added in obj-type as work item filter is not shared with Defect work item.