This option allows users to add new items to the product tree. This action is based on the permission granted for each item to be added under a selected node into to Product Tree.
HOW TO ADD A NEW ITEM:
There are two ways to add item in the product tree
- Click on the Add Icon from the Product tree Toolbar Icons and select the Work Item Type from the Selection list
- Right-click the Node in the Product tree and Select the “Add Item” option. The Select Item Type pop-up window is displayed.
Based on the parent selected, the items displayed in the drop down varies.
- Select the required item from the Select Item Type drop-down list.
- Click Save. The item Details Page is displayed.
- Enter the name of the item in the Name field.
- Select the status of the item from the Status drop-down list.
- Select the person to whom the item should be assigned from the Assigned To field.
- Select the priority of the item created from the Priority drop-down list.
- Select the category of the item from the Category drop-down list.
- Enter the release version of the item in the Release Version field.
- Enter the build version of the item in the Build Version field.
- Select the start and the end date from the Calendar that is displayed when the Start Date and End Date fields are selected.
- Enter the description of the item in the Description field.
- Click Save. The item shall be added at the last in the product tree.
The new item created is placed under the selected parent.