Allow Release Checked Out Item By Other Users Work Item Permission will allows the users to release the checkout done by other user belonging to the same group. It will display ‘Force Release Checkout’ option on the item details page.
Add Attachments/Traceability/Steps Tab will not be allowed for check out items
HOW TO ENABLE/DISABLE ALLOW RELEASE CHECKOUT ITEM BY OTHER USER WORK ITEM PERMISSION:
To enable or disable Allow Release Checked Out Item By Other Users Work Item permission, user need to follow simple steps
- Select the Groups from Users & Groups in Admin (Make sure user select the group related to a required project and a user)
- Click on the View icon against the Group you want to update the permission
- Select the Work Item Permissions tab
- Select the respective work item from the selection list. For E.g. ‘Test Case‘
- Select the checkbox for ‘Allow Release Checked Out Item By Other Users Test Case‘ option. It will show Force Release Checkout option.
- To remove the permission, uncheck the checkbox for ‘Allow Release Checked Out Item By Other Users Test Case‘ option.
Note: User needs to refresh from setting or re-login to apply the changes.