Edit Work Item Permission will allows the users to edit particular work item by displaying Edit (Pencil) icon in the actions column of the respective work item in the Work items grid and Edit Work item option on the items detail page on the Product Tree. For Defect Work item, Edit (Pencil) icon will be displayed in the Work items grid and in the Defects tab of work item in which it is added.
Here Work item is referred to as Test Case, Action Item, ECO, CAPA, Software Requirements, DMS items etc…
Cancel Branch option will be listed for the branched items in the Right click option on the Product Tree. Also Add Attachment, Add Revision, Add Steps (In Test Case), Add Traceability will be displayed when Edit permission is provided.
HOW TO ENABLE/DISABLE EDIT WORK ITEM PERMISSION:
To enable or disable Edit Work Item permission, user need to follow simple steps
- Select the Groups from Users & Groups in Admin (Make sure user select the group related to a required project and a user)
- Click on the View icon against the Group you want to update the permission
- Select the Work Item Permissions tab
- Select the respective work item from the selection list. For E.g. ‘Test Case‘
- Select the checkbox for ‘Edit Test Case‘ option. It will now allow to Edit the Test case.
- To remove the permission, uncheck the checkbox for ‘Edit Test Case‘ option.
Note: User needs to refresh from setting or re-login to apply the changes.