This article explains how to embed Orcanos fields inside the MSWord File.
Once the document signed and Download PDF gets generated, these fields will get the value from the database.
These are the fields that can be embedded:
- WorkItem_ID – ID of the DMS item
- WorkItem_RoutingState – The routing state of the DMS item
- WorkItem_Revision – Revision of DMS item (A, B….)
- WorkItem_ChangeNo – Change number within the revision
- WorkItem_EffectiveDate – The date on which the DMS Item gets approved
- WorkItem_Name – Name of DMS Item
- WorkItem_ECO_ID – ECO ID in case the revision is linked with ECO(CR)
- WorkItem_Category – Category of DMS Item
HOW TO ADD NEW CUSTOM PROPERTIES IN OFFICE 2016
- Click the File tab.
- Click Info to view the document properties.
- To add properties, hover your pointer over the Properties, and click “Advanced Properties“
- Fill Name (put the exact name as specified above), default value, and click Add Button
- Click the File tab again to return to your document. Any changes you made will be saved automatically.
To insert the value of this property in your document, follow these steps:
- Position the insertion point where you want to insert the value of the custom property.
- Make sure the Insert tab of the ribbon is displayed.
- Click the Quick Parts tool in the Text group.
- Choose Field.. option
- In Categories – select Document Information, and in the below list – select DocProperty
- List of fields that you added above will be on the right side
ADD NEW CUSTOM PROPERTIES IN OFFICE 2010 (Not Supported)
ADD NEW CUSTOM PROPERTIES IN OFFICE 2013 (Not Supported)
Please refer to the video below to know about how to create word properties into the MS-Word file and generate the document with these properties and sign the file and get the DMS Routing information into the generated PDF file.