Force Branch Defect Permission will enable the Branch checkbox thereby allowing the users to Branch the item in higher version. For branched items in higher version, changes will not be reflected in older versions. For Force Branch the checkbox will be checked by default and user will not be allowed to uncheck it.
HOW TO ENABLE/DISABLE FORCE BRANCH DEFECT PERMISSION:
To enable or disable Force Branch Defect permission, user need to follow simple steps
- Select the Groups from Users & Groups in Admin (Make sure user select the group related to a required project and a user)
- Click on the View icon against the Group you want to update the permission
- Select the Work Item Permissions tab
- Select ‘Defect’ work item from the selection list.
- Select the checkbox for ‘Force Branch Defect‘ option.
- To remove the permission, uncheck the checkbox for ‘Force Branch Test Case‘ option.
Note: User needs to refresh from setting or re-login to apply the changes.