Force Branch Work Item Permission will enable the Branch checkbox checked thereby allowing the users to Branch the item in higher version before doing any changes. For branched items in higher version, changes will not be reflected in older versions.
Here Work item is referred to as Test Case, Action Item, ECO, CAPA, Software Requirements, DMS items etc…except Defect
HOW TO ENABLE/DISABLE FORCE BRANCH WORK ITEM PERMISSION:
To enable or disable Force Branch Work Item permission, user need to follow simple steps
- Select the Groups from Users & Groups in Admin (Make sure user select the group related to a required project and a user)
- Click on the View icon against the Group you want to update the permission
- Select the Work Item Permissions tab
- Select the respective work item from the selection list. For E.g. ‘Test Case‘
- Select the checkbox for ‘Force Branch Test Case‘ option.
- To remove the permission, uncheck the checkbox for ‘Force Branch Test Case‘ option.
Note: User needs to refresh from setting or re-login to apply the changes.