In this tutorial we will do the followings:
- Embed View as dynamic filter in Risk Management File
- Generate Risk Management File to MSWord
- Open Risk Management File in Product Tree
- Select the FMEA paragraph, in which you are going to put your FMEA table (in our example its FMEA Risk Tables)
- Click on “Edit” Icon of the paragraph description in order to open Description in edit mode
- Click “Embed Views” button on the description Editor toolbar
- In the pop-up screen, for the Selected Project select the Work Item as “Risk” and View as “FMEA Risk Summary Report” (How to create Views)
Now you can see the view name in the description area.
- Press Save Button to save the Description with the Embed View.
Note: This filter contains the attributes that you wish to include in the FMEA table to be generated on your Risk Management File.
- Right-click the Risk Management File document in the product tree
- Select the “Export to Word document“ option
- On the Online Document Generator Screen – In the Work Items selection, uncheck the “Select all” checkbox, and then select the “Heading” work item in the list. This is because we don’t want to see the risks as headings in the generated document, but show the dynamic filter instead
Setup other properties as needed, it is recommended to use “Landscape” Orientation
- Click the “Generate” button and the document is generated.