Orcanos Work Items Import Builder can help you quickly upload and organize list of work items.
If you already imported from external source, that’s great. Our import-updater capability can help you add new items to your work items list, and update the information of specific work item at the same time.
In this article, you’ll learn how to import work items into Orcanos system.
Note: You can import one type of work item each time
BEFORE YOU START
Here’s what you’ll need to add work items to Orcanos.
- A blank sheet in a spreadsheet program like Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets, saved or exported as a comma separated value (CSV) file, with header line
- Each record with the following fields:
- Unique identifier for each record (such as ID)
- Name or Any other fields which you want
HOW TO IMPORT SUBSCRIBERS
A work item import has a couple of steps. First, you’ll prepare your spreadsheet file of work items outside of Orcanos, and save it as a CSV file. Next, you’ll use Orcanos Work Item Import Builder to add your items to Orcanos.
PREPARE FOR IMPORT
To prepare your file for import, follow these steps.
- In a spreadsheet program like Excel or Sheets, open your blank worksheet.
- Create and label a column for Unique identifier – Usually the work item ID.
- Next to your ID column, create and label additional columns for Name, or other fields you wish to import.
Note: Unique identifier is the only field that is required.
- Fill the list
- Save the file in CSV format. This option can usually be accessed from the File menu in your spreadsheet program, labelled as “Export as .CSV” or “Download as .CSV”. Different spreadsheet programs will vary a little bit. If you use another file type, we won’t be able to process the file.
Now that you’ve completed these steps, you’re ready to import the CSV file to Orcanos