The Process Flow setup enables you to define a status flow. You can also assign a default assigned user when the status is changed to another state.
Note: 1. This is the default status flow for each work item. When you change it here – it doesn’t affect the already created projects, but used as default for new projects. You can always use the Import/Export utility in order to get workflow from default
HOW IT WORKS
When a user creates any new Project, the default process flow will be taken from the defined Project’s process flow.
There are two places where you can define the work item Process Flow:
- Admin > Customization > Process Flow: Specify the Process flow for the selected work items whenever you create a new project.
- Admin > Projects & Solutions > Projects > Process Flow Tab: Specify the Process flow for the selected work items for the existing projects.
HOW TO DEFINE A PROCESS FLOW
User can follow simple steps to define a Status Flow:
- Select Process Flow in Customization under Admin. Process Flow is displayed with the last saved work item type.
- Select Work item from the work item type drop-down list.
- Click on the Add Icon, Add Process Flow window will open.
- Select the status from the From Status column and then select the checkbox corresponding to the status from the To Status Column.
- Enter the name for the transition in the Transition Name field and Auto Assign Value from the drop-down list if you want.
- Click on the Add and Exit button if you want to exit after adding the current transition.
- Click Add Transition button if you would like to add another transition.
- The Status will be added into the process flow list for the selected Work Item.
If you wish to assign a default user, click the drop down list adjacent to the Transition Name field to select the user. In such case, the Item gets auto assigned when there is a status change. You can define auto assigners from process flow list also.
The Process flow defined is applicable to all the group users. If you wish to exclude specific groups from changing specific transition, follow the steps mentioned
- Click on the “Exclude Groups” icon in the Actions column
- In order to exclude groups for multiple transitions, User can select the Checkbox(s) corresponding to the transitions then, select the Exclude Groups option from More Actions list
Similarly, Admin can remove the Exclusions using the option “Remove Exclusions” from the More Actions list by selecting single/multiple transitions.