Orcanos is a simple tool to manage complex tasks in a single repository.
It has several main components, all found in the main menu:
- Dashboard – open by default after login. It contains multiple types of data presentation
- Product Tree – hierarchical view of your information (You can add any type of work item such as Document, Heading, Requirement, Test Case, Action Item, etc.)
- Work Items – Custom filters (List views) for each work item. Create and execute filters such as “All active defects”, “Requirements without traceability”, “my open bugs”, etc.
- Document Control – hierarchical document Management System where you can store, manage and approve (electronic signature) all your documents (revisions)
- Electronic Signature – Track the documents/ electronic records that were e-signed, or in routing process
- Service Center – manage customers and service calls (Complaints, Tickets)
- Admin – system configuration
So, basically, after onboarding, you will have a new project, with some basic documents.
These are electronic records that represent your project documents. They are structured hierarchically in order to forma “Document” style layout, later can be generated to Word/ HTML/ PDF
So, in order to build your electronic document, just select a node on tree, and click “New”
You will prompt with the relevant options to add under the selected work item (can be customized later in the Admin->Customization->Hierarchy Settings)
Select the work item to add. Orcanos will open a form on the right side, ready to be filled. In order to control which fields to show for each work item, use Admin->Customization->Fields Layout)
So if you are working on the Software Requirement Specification document, add “Software Requirement” work item.
Fill in the relevant values and click “Save” on the toolbar.
Note: Name is mandatory for any work item
The item will be added to your document.
CREATING MORE DOCUMENTS
This way you can add more documents, with multiple work item types, Test design document to contain test cases, System Requirements document to contain System Requirements, etc.
VIEW YOUR HIERARCHIC TREE AS A DOCUMENT
You can work on your document in a flat mode, using the OnlineDoc feature
Follow the manual for Test Management – writing test cases and execute them, while reporting defects during test run
In order to link work items, click on the “Tracing Mode” in the Product Tree toolbar:
You can trace items (items in the right side tree pointing to items in the left side tree) by clicking the “Create Trace” button, and select the required link type from the popup list
Use the work items in order to create filters
Filters are created on work item level
Select “Work Items” in the main menu, and then select the specific work item type you wish to query (such as Defect, Software Requirement, Test Case, etc.)
On the right side you can manage the work item filters
More information about Work Items and filters
To create new users, go to Admin->Users and add users. These users are not yet connected to any project
In order to connect user to project, user must have one or more related groups. So in order to relate user to group, open user form, open the “Groups” tab and add group
Then go to Admin->Projects, select specific project, open Users tab and add user to the project
For more Admin options, click here.