The Templates enable you to define the content of any work item description field, format and content. This is to allow the organization to standardize how each work item content should look like.
HOW IT WORKS
When a user creates any new work Item, the default description content will be taken from the defined Templates.
There are two places where you can define the work item description template:
- Admin > Customization > Templates: Specify the settings of selected work item template whenever you create a new project.
- Admin >Projects & Solutions > Projects > Templates Tab: Overwrite the system definition with a project-specific definition.
Note: You can also include dynamic fields in the template
HOW TO DEFINE THE TEMPLATE
User can create template by following the simple steps mentioned
- Select Templates in Customization under Admin
- Template for the selected Work Item is displayed.
- Select the Work Item from the drop down list and define the default format in the Description.
- Press Save Button. Template will be added.