The Templates enable to define the content of any work item description field, format, and content. This is to allow the organization to standardize how each work item content should look like.
HOW IT WORKS
When a user creates any new work Item, the default description content will be taken from the defined Templates.
There are two places where you can define the work item description template:
- Admin >Customization >Templates: Specify the settings of selected work item template whenever you create a new project.
- Admin >Projects & Solutions >Projects> Templates Tab: Overwrite the system definition with a project-specific definition.
Note: You can also include dynamic fields in the template
DEFINE THE TEMPLATE
- Select Admin > Customization > Templates
- Template for the selected Work Item is displayed.
- Select the Work Item from the drop down list and define the default format in the Description.
- Press Save Button.