The Process Flow setup enables you to define a status flow. You can also assign a default assigned user when the status is changed to another state.
Note: This is the default status flow for each work item. When you change it here – it doesn’t affect the already created projects, but used as default for new projects. You can always use the Import/Export utility in order to get workflow from default
HOW IT WORKS
When a user creates any new work Item, the default Process Flow will be taken from the defined Project’s Process Flow.
There are two places where you can define the work item Process Flow:
- Admin >Customization >Process Flow: Specify the Process Flow of selected work item whenever you create a new project.
- Admin >Projects & Solutions >Projects> Process Flow Tab: Overwrite the system definition with a project-specific definition.
ADDING A NEW PROCESS FLOW
- Select Admin > Customization > Process Flow
- The Process Flow for the last selected work item gets displayed.
- Click Add Icon, opens the Add Process flow Page.
- Select the status from the From Status column and then select the checkbox corresponding to the status from the To Status Column.
- Enter the name for the transition in the Transition Name field.
- Click Add and Exit.
- If you would like to add another transition, click Add Transition.
If you wish to assign a default user, click the drop down list adjacent to the Transition Name field to select the user. In such case, the Item gets auto assigned when there is a status change
The Process flow defined is applicable to all group users. If you wish to exclude specific groups from changing specific transition
- Click on the “Exclude Groups” icon in Actions column
In order to exclude groups for multiple transitions, User can select the Check box(s) corresponding to the transitions
- Select the Exclude Groups option from the More Actions list
Similarly, Admin can remove the Exclusions using the option “Remove Exclusions” from the More Actions list by selecting single/multiple transitions.