Add Public Filter Permission allow the users to add public filters on the work item grid. Public filters are accessible to all users who have access to the project.
HOW TO ENABLE/DISABLE PUBLIC FILTER PERMISSION:
To enable or disable Add Public Filter permission, users need to follow simple steps
- Select the Groups from Users & Groups Section in Admin
- Click on the View icon in the Action column against the Group you want to update the permission
- Select the Work Item Permissions tab
- Select the ‘General‘ option in the list
- Select the checkbox for ‘Add Public Filter Permission‘.
- To remove the permission, uncheck the checkbox for ‘Add Public Filter Permission‘
Note: The user needs to refresh from the setting or re-login to apply the changes.
If both Add Private Filter Permission and Add Public Filter Permission is not selected, then user cannot create filters (Create link not displayed)