Users can add and track the defects against any issue in the system so the issue can be detected and resolved.
TO ADD THE DEFECT
- Click the Work Items Icon from the main menu
- Select the Defects from Left Navigation Pane
- Select the Filter from the Filter dropdown list to get a list of defects.
DEFECT MAIN FIELDS
On the defect detail page users can see the following fields:
- Synopsis – short summary of the defect (one sentence, usually up to 100-150 chars)
- Status – The status of the defect. You can click the “Status Flow” icon to view the status flow.
- Severity – The severity of the defect
- Assigned to – The user to whom the defect is assigned
- Priority – The priority of the defect
- Found Version – The version where the defect was found
- Category – The category of the defect
- Fixed Version – The version in which the defect was fixed
- Efforts – The effort required to fix the defect
- Fixes – Defines what was done in order to fix the defect
- Target Version – The target version in which the defect is planned to be fixed
- Due Date – The date when the defect must be fixed
- Type – The type of defect (internal-R&D, External-Customer)
- Work Around – A temporary fix to the problem
- Execution Set Name – If the bug is reported from the test run, the system saves the execution set name on the defect level.
- The Description section provides a long HTML based description capability.