Orcanos Provides the feature where the user can merge the work item field’s information with the Docgen Template’s (.dotx file) Header/Footer as Dynamic fields that enables us to view the value when the Document is generated using Online Document Generator.
HOW IT WORKS
- Select the Product Tree icon from Main Menu
- Right Click on the Item which the user wants to export
- Select Export as Word Document option
- Edit the template (.dotx file)
HOW TO ADD DYNAMIC FIELD IN THE TEMPLATE
- Open the Template (.dotx file) after download from the online document generator page.
- Edit the header/footer and add the fields into the template so all these fields should also be displayed on the Work Item Details Page.
- For Example, if the user wants to merge the following fields like,
FORMAT TO ADD THE DYNAMIC FIELDS IN THE HEADER
The name is enclosed in [*RootItem.FieldName *]. The Field Name should be the same as displayed on the Work Item Details Page. For Example:
- Project Name: [*RootItem.Project Name*]
- Key: [*RootItem.Key*]
- Name: [*RootItem.Name*]
- Version: [*RootItem.Version*]
- Item Type: [*RootItem.Item type*]
So the .dotx file should have the embed dynamic fields as follows in the Header in the template (.dotx file)
Online Document Generator displays the Field values for the above document as after generating the document.
To merge the Item Fields, we need to make sure that the fields are present in the Work Item Details Page. Fields if not present are added from Admin > Field Layout
Please refer the video below for the same