To Manage Filters,
- Select Work Items in the Main Menu
- Select the relevant Work Item from the left side navigation
- Click on Create hyperlink.
- The Managee Filter Page is displayed with the following fields:
GENERAL TAB DETAILS
Set some general settings for the Filter:
- Project: Select the Current Project or All (filter is visible in all projects) from the dropdown list.
- Filter Name: Enter a unique name for the filter in the Filter Name field.
- Filter for: Select specific work item or all work items (such as “All items updated today”)
- Note: When the filter is saved for all work items – status and category are saving description and not code so it can be applied to all items. So, if the description of these fields changes – it might affect filter results
- Fields (Column Visibility): To select the Filter columns, click the fields in the list of the Options Available column. If you want to remove a field, click the field on the Options Selected column.
- Who can see this Filter: Select the visibility sharing of the filter by selecting the required option from the Who can see this filter option.
- Public – anyone can see
- Private – Only me
- Share with groups – only selected groups are allowed to see
- Specify Criteria: Specify the required filter criteria by selecting the required Field, Operand, and Field value from the Specify Criteria section. You can add more than one criteria. You can use AND/OR for each criteria you add.
- Criteria Pattern: You can edit the filter criteria pattern manually after creation in the Criteria Pattern section.
- For example ((1 AND 2) OR (3 AND 4)) can become ((1 OR 2) AND (3 AND 4))
- Order By: Specify the order of the data by selecting the required order (ascending/descending) and Field from the Order by section.
- Exclude Copy as Link: Allows to include/exclude the copy as link items from the Grid Results
ADVANCE TAB DETAILS
- User Define Criteria: Add user-defined criteria if you wish to form a filter using rules that are not supported by the Filter Builder (requires Orcanos team).
- Traceability Criteria: You can filter by traceability rules, for example, get all software requirements that don’t have traceability to test cases. You can filter by traceability direction (upstream/downstream), condition (with/without traceability), by link type, and by related item type.
- Filter By Item: Filter by item allows the user to select specific nodes on the product tree and filter by these nodes. The system will get all child items from the selected nodes. Make sure you have selected a Project (Selection of All projects will not release the Filter by Item button)
- Traced Item Data: If traced items info is selected, you can set up how to show the traced items info (related items, appears in traceability tab) in the grid.
- Include Traced Items Info – this checkbox indicates that traced items info should be included
- Show key only – will show item key in the traced items column.
- Show name (key) – will show item key and item name in the traced items column.
- Use hyperlink – will show the traced item as a hyperlink.
- Use wrapping – will wrap data in a cell of traced Item Info Column
- Include Items from other version: If checked, it would list all traced items to any project. If unchecked, it would list all traced items to the selected Project
- Include Test Results: If checked, it would list the latest test result if the test case is executed with PASS/FAIL/NO RUN/Not Completed/Skipped status.
- Next, you can select which traced work item types to include.
- Traced Items Info Columns appears blank in case traced item data is not selected in the Filter
- Show Hyperlink on Embedded Filters: The Go link Column in the Embed Filter will be shown/hide depending on the checkbox selection
- Click Save and your Filter creates successfully.
You can refer to this video to know about the same in detail and step by step: