Orcanos Cloud is a powerful software application designed for R&D, Quality and manufacturing teams, specializes in the medical device domain, and designed to deliver the highest level of security to customers.
Orcanos supports all areas of security, including: physical, operational, network, system, application, access and data, ensuring your data always remains secure and private.
We use the best practices’ approach for security and use the best built-in tools of Windows Server and AWS.
Orcanos follows the best practice and guidelines of ISO27001
- Dedicated firewalls on all publicly facing servers.
- AWS ACL + Windows firewall – only required channels are open
- AWS Firewall + Windows firewall. HTTPS 443 access only to Frontends. Backend server is closed for any remote connection except a custom RDP port and double authentication
- Connecting from remote only for authorized personnel
- Centralized user and groups management and plicies
- Connecting from remote only for allowed IP’s
- Encrypted data transfer via HTTPS (256-bit SSL certificate)
- Secure, private sub-net provides a secure connection to transfer data between data centers
- Secured Access Service Edge (SASE) using common 3rd party layer
- Vulnerability scans of all systems ensured for compliance by Commonly used Antivirus
- All system access via Secure Socket Layer (SSL)
- Role Based Access Control (RBAC)
- Password Policy Control; Set Password expiry time, enforce strong user passwords and more
- Disable user feature- immediately lock down
- IP Restriction option: Limit users to specific range of IP addresses
- Support SAML, and other SSO
Data Security And Data Isolation
- All customer data stored securely and kept confidential per the Terms of Service
- In Orcanos’ single-tenant environments, customer data resides in a unique, separate database and seperate file system.
- use of encrypted and secured Database as a Service
Internal R&D Procedures
- Our R&D machines are all protected with a commercial up-to-date Antivirus software
- All files uploaded to the cloud by a secured connection
- All files uploaded to the cloud and to the upgrade server are automatically scanned by Antivirus before uploading
- Orcanos Company is behind a firewall
- Passwords are changed periodically
Only a select group of Orcanos’ employees have access to our production environments and only after undergoing thorough background checks.
We provide on going training for our employees regarding how to maintain customer confidentiality and how to handle sensitive data.
Each admin group has its own individual credentials
Orcanos is patching the servers on a monthly basis. Orcanos is making sure the official MS updates are installed on both Frontends and Backbends
Orcanos Backup Center (RTO)
|Content||Backup intervals||Backup method||Backup location|
|SQL databases||Every 6 hours||SQL Internal Backup||Local Drives|
|SQL databases||Every 6 hours||CrashPlan||Offsite backup – CrashPlan datacenter US|
|IIS Application||Every 15 minutes||CrashPlan||Offsite backup – CrashPlan datacenter US|
|Virtual Machine Instance||Weekly||AWS Snapshot – automatic||AWS|
All the data that is arriving at a third Party software that has infinite retention, and data will be stored without version limit.
Servers Snapshots are kept for 2 months
Monitoring: Backup and security is being monitored by Migdal Computing Solutions (http://www.migdalcomputing.com/) on a daily basis.
Disaster Recovery (RPO)
Although the Orcanos system is built on the most reliable and stable cloud system “AWS”, we still have all the procedures in place to insure recovery in case of disaster / accidental damage / malicious damage.
|Scenario||Action Items||Recovery time|
|Database corruption (accidental or malicious )||Recover via SQL Management studio from local backups||Up to 60 minutes|
|IIS corruption (accidental or malicious)||Recover via CrashPlan||Up to 360 Minutes|
|Virtual Machine EC2 instance corruption||Recover from snapshot + recover from CrashPlan the latest backup set||Up to 1 working day|
|Complete AWS region failure (Highly not likely)||Install new IIS & SQL servers + recover from CrashPlan the latest backup set and re-configure the servers||Up to 2 working days|